Saturday, March 19, 2016

Return to the Holy Land

Photo taken by me in January 2010


A little more than six years ago, in January 2010, this blog was "born" when I traveled to St. George's College in Jerusalem for a course on the historical Jesus. It was my second trip to the Holy Land, having gone there on "spring break" as an undergraduate, while studying abroad at the University of St. Andrew's in Scotland. I blogged throughout my trip as a way to share pictures and reflections.





The Monastery Chapel at SSJE
In April I'll be returning to St. George's, this time with my friends from The Society of St. John the Evangelist. Three monks are leading this pilgrimage, including my long-time spiritual director. Thirty-five pilgrims, all of us members of the Fellowship of St. John, will be traveling with them.

"All my life's a circle," Harry Chapin used to sing. I hope that readers of this blog will pray for us during our time away - and also come along for the ride through this blog. I'm sure I'll return to some old themes with new eyes, and discover new things as well. I'm starting to get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment