Friday, January 5, 2018

Interfaith Pilgrimage

Almost exactly seven years ago I began writing this blog in preparation for a trip to the Holy Land to attend a class at St. George's College entitled "The Palestine of Jesus." I embarked on this blogging endeavor as a way to share reflections and pictures on that trip.

You can read my second post ever here if you are interested.

I've been back once since then on a pilgrimage a couple of  years ago for those who are part of the Fellowship of St. John the Evangelist, which I have been for nearly two decades now.

And in just three weeks I'll be heading back to co-lead a pilgrimage with a rabbi colleague from Worcester; our group will consist of Christians and Jews looking to learn and grow together. I'll see some new things and some old things with new eyes, which I look forward to.

It's a challenging time right now in the Middle East but it seems it is always a challenging time. My first trip to Israel was as a college student in 1984, making this my fourth trip. It is a complicated place, but also very much a holy land for me, which is guess is what keeps drawing me back.

I'll be blogging before I go and when I am there, but in the meantime ask for your prayers - not just for our little group from Worcester, but for peace in Jerusalem, and peace on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment