Friday, August 27, 2010

Paul Moses Gets the Last Word (really!)

I read Paul Moses' book The Saint and The Sultan, which I highly recommend. Yesterday I said I was done with this topic but I came across this today and it's too good not to share. Who can say for sure what John Paul II would have to say about this? And even if he said precisely this, I'm not sure that would be the final word for all Christians on the subject.

Still, Moses' logic about why Christians can and should support inter-religious dialogue as the path to peace moves us beyond Constitutional and legal questions and into the question I've been trying to ask over the past month about how Christians might frame this issue and contribute to the dialogue. For these reasons, I think that this is a worthwhile read:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/08/27/moses.pope.john.paul/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

No comments:

Post a Comment